How To Set Up Sprint Parental Controls
Accessing Parental Controls
- Click on the My Sprint menu at the top of the screen.
- Click on the Permissions tab.
- A new screen will load that has a variety of different permission options.
- Scroll to the bottom first and click the Permissions link. This allows you to set who can access and change the account settings.
- Click on the number or numbers you'd like to block from making changes.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click the Save button to activate your preferences.
Block Apps, Digital Media, and Third Party Charges
- In the Permissions tab, click the Block Apps, Digital Media, and Third-party charges link.
- Click on the phone number that you'd like to block. A small check mark will appear next to the number.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Save button.
Blocking Pictures and Videos
- In the Permissions tab, click on the Block Pictures / Videos tab.
- Scroll down until you locate your child's phone number, and click on it.
- When the phone is actively blocked, a small green check mark will appear to let you know the number is currently barred from access.
- Scroll down and click the Save button to activate the permission.
Sprint Family Locator
- Click on the My Sprint tab and enter the Permissions tab.
- Scroll down until you see the Things I can Manage subheading
- Scroll down and click on the Use Sprint Family Locator link.
- Opt into the service by following the prompts online.
How to Monitor ContentIn addition to setting parental controls on your child's device, the next safety layer parents and caregivers should strongly consider is a monitoring solution to assess the content their kids encounter (and produce) across text messages, social media, and email. Bark can do this for you. On Android devices, Bark can monitor text messages (including deleted ones!), photos, videos, web browsing (including Incognito on the Chrome browser/app!), and many installed apps, including Snapchat, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok (formerly Musical.ly), WhatsApp, and Kik. On iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod), Bark can monitor text messages/iMessages (including some deleted messages!), photos, videos, web browsing (on Safari and Chrome), and Whatsapp! Any other email and social media accounts must be connected via the parent dashboard and will be monitored at the account-level, regardless if accessed on a phone, tablet, or a computer. Bark also monitors your child's Android device location with check-ins. If you'd like to see a detailed list of everything Bark can monitor, click here.
Bark - The Internet Safety Solution
Bark helps families manage and protect their children’s digital lives. Our award-winning service monitors 30+ of the most popular apps and social media platforms for signs of issues like cyberbullying, suicidal ideation, online predators, threats of violence, and more. Our web filtering and screen time management tools empower families to set healthy limits around the websites and apps their kids can access and when they can visit them. Sign up today to start your free, one-week trial or visit Bark.us to learn more.