15 Parenting Quotes That Are Sure to Make You Laugh
Cook. Laundry-doer. Question-answerer. Crust-cutter-offer. Barbie-shoe finder. As a parent, these are just a few of the hats you wear on a daily basis that many non-parents may not actually know are just a part of the job. These important but unofficial duties inspired us to make a call for parenting quotes from our followers, and folks really delivered — sharing the good, the bad, and the ugly. (P.S. If you are really feeling the ugly right now, try out some of these self-care activities with your kid and you might feel a little bit better.)
We asked parents on social media to tell us that they were parents without actually telling us they were parents, and we literally can’t stop laughing at all of the responses. Check out some of the super creative ways parents described what it’s like to raise kids today. We couldn’t make this stuff up.
15 Hilarious Relatable Parenting Quotes
- “I walk into the kitchen and every cupboard door is open, just like in the movie The Sixth Sense … Every. Single. Morning."
- “This week: ‘No bananas! We all want bananas.’ Last week: Two bunches of overripe bananas. ‘We didn't need bananas!’"
- “I slept in on Saturday until 7 am. 😂 ”
- “I have Cheerios in my car that the vacuum can’t reach.”
- “Why are there rocks in the fridge?”
- “I eat ice cream sandwiches in the bathroom sometimes.”
- “It doesn’t matter how many times I load the dishwasher there are always more dirty dishes.”
- “I pulled a fully wrapped string cheese out of the dryer.”
- “My fridge and cupboards are full of food, but there is nothing in the house to eat.”
- “I have two people who live at my house that call themselves ‘I didn't do it.’”
- “There are fingers under the bathroom door when I pee.”
- "The floor does not spontaneously generate dirty underwear."
- “Spaghetti night means bath night.”
- “I’m celebrating the cancellation of Caillou. 🥳🥳👏🏻💃🎉🎉"
- “I’ve caught vomit in my hands to keep it off the furniture.”
We hope you enjoyed (and related to!) this roundup of some of the most side-splitting parenting quotes we received. Our team definitely connected to the highs and lows of being a parent — because at the end of the day, even after all of the living room shoe piles and dryer string cheeses, it’s so worth it. If you want to read all of the responses or even add your own, head on over to the original Facebook post. We can always use some more good laughs!
5 Ways AI Is Affecting How Your Kids Grow Up
May 23, 2023
Ask Titania: Is Snapchat’s MyAI Dangerous?
May 19, 2023
Ask Titania: When Should I Give My Kid a Phone?
May 05, 2023
Bark is a comprehensive online safety solution that empowers families to monitor content, manage screen time, and filter websites to help protect their kids online. Our mission is to give parents and guardians the tools they need to raise kids in the digital age.