Looking for story angles, subject matter experts, stats, data, or need help sourcing parents for a story related to kids and online safety? You’ve come to the right place. Visit our Newsroom for the latest stories on parenting in a tech world and advice from top experts around the nation.
Bark's 2022 Annual Report
Last year, Bark analyzed more than 4.5 billion messages across texts, email, YouTube, and 30+ apps and social media platforms. See what we discovered.
Trends and Stats
Throughout 2022, Bark analyzed more than 4.5 billion online activities from teens and tweens across the U.S.
35.7% of tweens and 64.3% of teens were involved in a self-harm/suicidal situation.
62.4% of tweens and 82.2% of teens encountered nudity or content of a sexual nature.
9.4% of tweens and 14.2% of teens encountered predatory behaviors from someone online.
How Kids Handled the Pandemic
See how COVID-19, distance learning, social unrest, and other challenges have affected children’s mental health.
Looking for Story Angles?
- Are kids any safer online one year post-Facebook Whistleblower and senate hearings?
- The Bark Phone is here!
- Important iOS Safety Tips to know when deciding which phone to buy for kids.
- Mental Health check-ins are critical during the holidays. See Bark’s resources for tips on how to talk to teens.
- What the largest bipartisan effort to date targeting Snapchat and TikTok’s safety measures means for families?
- Which Apps are the most dangerous for kids?
- What to do if your child is the bully?
- How well do you know what’s on your kids’ devices?
Visit the Bark Blog for more trends and story angles
Need a Subject Matter Expert for a Story?
Looking for a speaker or subject matter expert in the areas of cyber safety, mental health, law enforcement, digital parenting or tech? Bark can also source parents and teens for interviews and provide stats on the latest trends in teenage online behavior. Please send detailed information about your story (including deadline) to our media relations team.
All-in-One Media Kit
A comprehensive zip file with our logos, product shots, flyers, executive headshots, and links to videos and B-roll
Three Bark logos in different sizes and colors for print and web use
Bark is an award-winning online safety solution that was founded in 2015 to help keep kids safe online and in real life. Bark’s content monitoring, screen time management, and web filtering tools provide comprehensive online protection for families.
Bark’s artificial intelligence (AI) scans for worrisome content in children’s texts, emails, photos, videos, and content in 30+ apps and social media platforms. Our state-of-the-art AI does more than flag simple keywords, however. Bark’s algorithm analyzes language in context and is trained to recognize the ever-evolving nuances of kid, tween, and teen slang — including memes, emojis, and more.
As kids, tweens, and teens grow into adults, we believe they need to learn how to live and thrive with technology — which is why we don’t give parents unfettered access to their kids’ online activities. Instead, Bark only alerts parents to potentially concerning situations. Kids can keep their privacy, and parents can save time by not having to scroll through every message. We also have strenuous safeguards in place to protect your family’s data. From our team of dedicated customer support specialists to the helpful advice and recommended actions from child health and wellness experts that accompany alerts, we provide parents with guidance, kindness, and peace of mind.
Bark was founded by a dad of two looking for a way to help keep his kids safe online while preserving their privacy. When he discovered that no such tool existed, he created one himself. We understand that parenting with technology is hard — after all, we’re the first generation of parents to raise kids with smartphones. Because of this, everything we do is guided by our perspective as parents trying to help protect kids in the digital age.
Online Safety Blog
The Bark blog keeps parents up to date on the latest tech trends, apps, and more.
Parenting in a Tech World
Parenting in a Tech World is a helpful how-to guide for raising kids in the digital age.
Bark is featured in Childhood 2.0, an eye-opening documentary about the dangers kids face online.
Chief Executive Officer
As CEO, Brian founded Bark as a solution to help parents work together with their children to navigate the dangers of today’s digital world. An entrepreneur with more than 20 years of experience as a technology product lead and executive, Brian is also a parent who knew he could address a critical void in internet safety solutions by creating one that is easy for parents to use while also affording children their privacy.
Chief Technology Officer
As CTO, Brandon is focused on delivering technology solutions to help protect our children from the dangers of the internet. As a technology leader with more than 15 years of industry experience, Brandon is also a parent of two young children and wants the internet to be a valuable place for them to learn while also being protected.
Chief Parenting Officer
As the Chief Marketing Officer and Chief Parenting Officer of Bark, Titania is a renowned thought leader on digital parenting and has contributed to pieces in The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Huffington Post, Fox Business, Daily Mail, USA Today, Vogue, and more. She recently co-authored a game-changing book that helps families navigate the digital age called Parenting in a Tech World.
Recent Press Releases
- Bark Technologies and Vilo Living Announce Partnership
- Bark Technologies Releases 2022 Annual Report
- Bark Technologies Announces a Strategic MVNO Agreement with T-Mobile Enabling Mobile Service for its Bark Phone Featuring Children's Online Protection
- Calix Launches Its 6th Revenue EDGE Managed Service, Social Media Monitoring From Online Safety Leader, Bark, Enabling Broadband Providers To Help Protect Families From Cyberbullying
- Bark Technologies To Release Smartphone With Robust Customization Options for Families
- Bark Technologies Secures $30 Million Series C For Global Expansion
- Calix Revenue EDGE Suites Expand With Online Safety Leader, Bark
- Bark Technologies Launches Parental Control App in Australia
- Bark Technologies Expands Into Guam
- Bark Technologies Announces New Location Alerts Feature
- Bark Technologies Expands Online Safety Service To South Africa
- Bark Technologies Releases 2021 Annual Report
- Bark Technologies Announces Partnership With Pinwheel
- Cricket Wireless and Bark Technologies Collaborate to Help Parents and Families Safely Navigate the Digital World
- Bark Technologies Adds Detections to Microsoft Teams
- C Spire, Bark Partner to Make Internet a Safer Place for Families, Children
- Bark and Pinwheel Partner to Release Safest Mobile Device on Market for Kids
- Bark Releases 2020 Annual Report
- Parenting in a Tech World book Hits Shelves
- Bark Introduces Screen Time Management
- Bark Technologies Acquires Router Limits
- Varsity Esports Foundation Partners with Bark
- Lenovo’s LanSchool Partners with Bark to Expand Safety Solutions
- Bigo Live Partners with Bark Technologies
- EarthLink Launches Safe Internet Solutions for Families
- Bark Partners With Stratix Corporation To Launch First Mobile Education Technology Program
- CenturyLink Partners With Bark Technologies To Promote Online Safety