Amazon Prime Video is a video streaming service that is included free as part of your Amazon Prime membership. This allows members to watch thousands of movies and TV shows for free.
Amazon Prime Video is available on web browsers and has an app that can be downloaded on various streaming devices, including Roku, XBox One, Playstation 4, and Nintendo Wii U. It can also be accessed on smartphones and tablets.
Amazon Prime Parental Control Settings
How to create an Amazon Video PIN
To enable parental controls, Amazon Prime Video requires you to first create a PIN for your account. The PIN will serve to lock kids out from restricted content.
- Make sure you’re logged in to your Amazon account from a web browser.
- In the top right corner, click Hello [your name] Account & Lists.
- When the drop down opens, click Your Account.
- Scroll down a little bit and on the left-hand side, in the Digital Content and Devices box, click Video Settings.
- Click Parental Controls.
- At the top of the page, set your PIN and click Save.
Amazon Prime Video follows the same ratings guidelines as the Motion Picture Association of America and TV Parental Guidelines to determine the parental controls rating categories. Ratings are combined into levels with recommended audiences — General, Family, Teen, and Mature — to assist with setting viewing restrictions on devices.