How To Set Up Apple TV Parental Controls
Setting Parental Controls on Apple TV
To turn on Restrictions:
- Using the Apple TV remote, select the Settings app at the bottom of the Home Screen.
- Then select General > Restrictions.
- Enter a 4-digit number to create your passcode, also known as your PIN. Enter them again to confirm, and select OK to continue.
- Allow: Select this option when you don't want to password-protect o restrict an app or feature.
- Restrict: Choose this setting for a four-digit passcode requirement for purchases, rentals, or app usage.
- Block or No: These options let you block content or features.
- Show or Yes: Choose these options when you don't want to restrict an app or feature.
- Hide: Select this option to hide an app or feature.
Restricting specific content
- iTunes Store: Allow, Restrict, or Block. This applies to purchases, in-app purchases, and rentals.
- Music and Podcasts: Filter out explicit content with the “Clean” option. Filter nothing with the “Explicit” option.
- Siri Explicit Language: Select “Hide” to filter mature language. Select “Show” to filter nothing.
- Movies, TV Shows, and Apps: Select your location and filter or block content based on content or age ratings.
- Multiplayer Games and Screen Recording: Yes or No.
- AirPlay Settings, Conference Room Display, TV Provider, Background App Refresh, Remote App Pairing, and Location Services: Allow or Restrict.
Bark - The Internet Safety Solution
Bark is dedicated to helping keep kids safe online and in real life. In 2018, we helped protect nearly 3 million kids with our groundbreaking products for families and schools.
By monitoring text messages, YouTube, emails, and 24+ different social networks for potential safety concerns like cyberbullying, self-harm, violence, sexual predators, and more, Bark allows busy parents to rest easier knowing their kids are better protected from digital dangers. Sign up today to start your free, one-week trial or visit Bark.us to learn more.