How To Set Up Netflix Parental Controls
Parental Control Settings
How to create a profile for your child
- Log in to Netflix.com. You’ll be greeted with a screen that says Who's watching?
- Click on the Add Profile icon to the far right.
- Input your child's name and then click Continue.
- On the Manage Profiles screen, you will be able to create additional parental controls on the account you just created. Click the pencil icon on the account.
- Click on the dropdown labeled Allowed TV Shows and Movies and choose one of these four options:
- For Little Kids only: This category features G-rated content suitable for younger children, including a variety of cartoons, nature documentaries, and silly kids’ movies and TV shows.
- For Older Kids and below: This category adds PG-rated movies and TV shows that include themes of violence — although no blood or gore is present.
- For Teens and below: This category adds PG-13 content that will not be suitable for younger children. Violence will be more graphic, and there will be mild explicit content.
- All Maturity levels: No restrictions. NC-17, NR, R, and UR content is available.
How to create a parent control PIN
- Log in to your Netflix account and select your profile.
- Click on your icon on the top-right corner of the screen and select Account from the dropdown that appears.
- In the Settings section below, click on the Parental Controls link. You will be asked to re-enter your password to continue to the next screen.
- You will then be directed to the Parental Control PIN screen. Enter a PIN number of your choice.
- In the Restrict by Maturity Level section, you can change the slider on the screen to block any of the four levels mentioned above. This will require the PIN number to be typed in before viewing any content above the chosen level.
- In the Restrict Specific Titles section below, you can choose specific titles that require a PIN to watch, regardless of the maturity rating on the account.
How to view what your child has recently watched
- Click on your icon in the top-right corner of the screen again and click on Account.
- In the Settings section, select Recent Device Streaming Activity. Here you will see the most recently used devices with their locations.
Bark - The Internet Safety Solution
Bark is dedicated to helping keep kids safe online and in real life. In 2018, we helped protect nearly 3 million kids with our groundbreaking products for families and schools.
By monitoring text messages, YouTube, emails, and 24+ different social networks for potential safety concerns like cyberbullying, self-harm, violence, sexual predators, and more, Bark allows busy parents to rest easier knowing their kids are better protected from digital dangers. Sign up today to start your free, one-week trial or visit Bark.us to learn more.