How To Set Up Android One Plus Parental Controls
How To Set Up Google Family Link
Google Family Link is an app that allows parents to view their child’s smartphone activity, manage the apps they can use and download, set screen time limits, lock their device, and even track their location.
Family Link does not block inappropriate content, but some apps have their own filtering options. Google apps, such as Search and Chrome, have filtering options that you can find in Family Link. For parents of teens 13 and older, Restricted Mode on YouTube is an optional setting that can be used to help filter out mature content. However, Google notes that these filters are not perfect, so explicit, graphic, or other content you may not want your child to see makes it through sometimes.
Kids and teens that use Android devices running version 7.0 or higher can use Family Link. Some devices running Android versions 5.0 and 6.0 may be able to run Family Link. Parents can use Family Link on any Android devices running versions 4.4 and higher as well as iPhones running iOS9 and higher.Family Link also runs on Chromebook. With the Family Link app, you can choose what websites your child can access using Chrome, supervise your child’s app usage, and more. Family Link can be used with Chromebooks running Chrome OS versions 71 or higher.
Click here to learn how to set up Google Family Link.
How to Use App Locker
- Navigate to Settings.
- Tap Security & Fingerprint.
- Tap App Locker and type in the PIN number for your account.
- On the next screen, tap the lock icon to the right side of each app you want to lock.
How to Create a User Profile for Your Child
- Navigate to Settings > Accounts and then tap Add Account.
- Type your child's email address and password.
- Choose a billing option. Here you can add credit for your child to use or simply choose the no-billing option.
- Hit Continue and you are ready to go.
How to Restrict the Google Play Store
- Open the Play Store app.
- In the left corner, tap Menu and navigate to Settings > Parental Controls.
- Turn Parental Controls to On.
- Create a PIN number to disallow any access to these parental control settings.
- You can now change filters for Movies, Games, TV, and Apps. Select the highest maturity level that you want your child to access. You can also disable access to explicit books and music.
How to Monitor Content
Bark - The Internet Safety Solution
Bark is dedicated to helping keep kids safe online and in real life. In 2018, we helped protect nearly 3 million kids with our groundbreaking products for families and schools.
By monitoring text messages, YouTube, emails, and 24+ different social networks for potential safety concerns like cyberbullying, self-harm, violence, sexual predators, and more, Bark allows busy parents to rest easier knowing their kids are better protected from digital dangers. Sign up today to start your free, one-week trial or visit Bark.us to learn more.