How To Set Up Charter (Internet) Parental Controls
Spectrum Parental Controls
- Spectrum Receiver
- Spectrum TV App
- Spectrum TV channel apps
Spectrum Internet Controls
- Sign in to the computer with the username and password that requires parental controls.
NOTE: If you’re already signed in as yourself, press the WINDOWS key + L, and then select Switch User and follow the prompts.
- Open Security Suite, and select Parental Controls.
- Select Turn On.
- The current parental control settings are displayed. Select Settings to modify the access rights.
- Select a setting, then toggle the ON/OFF button at the top right of the window and follow the onscreen prompts.
- Content Blocker: Restricts access to websites based on content. You can also allow access to only selected websites.
- Search Result Filter: Hides adult content from search results on your web browser.
- Time Limits: Use the slider bar to adjust the maximum number of hours allowed for web browsing in a single day. You can set different limits for weekday and weekend usage.
- Statistics: View a user’s activity over the course of a year, month, week, or day, the number of visited websites, potentially harmful websites that were blocked, and those that were intentionally blocked based on your filter settings.
- Open Security Suite.
- Select the Antivirus tab and then select Preferences. A new window for Preferences will open.
- Select the Parental Control tab.
- Select Turn on Content Blocker to enable Parental Controls. You might need to select the lock icon on the Parental Control window to change to your settings. Here, just enter the password for your computer so you can make changes.
- Select each content category you want to block. You can select the Web site exceptions button to create a list of sites that bypass your Parental Control and Browser Protection settings. If a website is added to the website exception list, it won't be blocked for any reason.
Spectrum’s Security Suite Parental Controls
Search result filter
How to monitor content on SpectrumTV.com
- Sign in to SpectrumTV.com with a Spectrum username that has Head of Household or Administrator privileges.
- Select the Settings tab.
- Choose Parental Controls.
- Set the switch to ON.
- When prompted, enter or create your PIN.
- Under Allowed TV ratings, select the ratings that are appropriate for your child.
- Under Allowed Movie ratings, select the appropriate ratings.
- Under Channel blocks, select the channels you don't want your child to view.
How to Monitor ContentIn addition to setting parental controls on your child's device, the next safety layer parents and caregivers should strongly consider is a monitoring solution to assess the content their kids encounter (and produce) across text messages, social media, and email. Bark can do this for you. You can install Bark on the Google Chrome web browser of your child's PC, Chromebook, or Mac, so any activity they have on Chrome and Safari, like web browsing (including Incognito Browsing!) and web searches will be sent to Bark for analysis of worrisome content. If you'd like to see a detailed list of everything Bark can monitor, click here.
Bark - The Internet Safety Solution
Bark is dedicated to helping keep kids safe online and in real life. In 2018, we helped protect nearly 3 million kids with our groundbreaking products for families and schools.
By monitoring text messages, YouTube, emails, and 24+ different social networks for potential safety concerns like cyberbullying, self-harm, violence, sexual predators, and more, Bark allows busy parents to rest easier knowing their kids are better protected from digital dangers. Sign up today to start your free, one-week trial or visit Bark.us to learn more.