How To Set Up AT&T Parental Controls
What Is Included in AT&T Secure Family?
- Location Tracking – Need to find any member of the family on your plan? You can on an interactive map.
- Location Alerts – Every time a child arrives at a place they're supposed to be – such as home or school – you can receive an alert. You can also schedule alerts to find out where your child is at certain times of the day as well.
- Location History – Busy working but want to know where your child was? You can check their location history.
- Pause Internet – Stop all internet connectivity to keep your child doing homework instead of watching cat videos on YouTube.
- Content Filter – Allows for custom and age-appropriate recommendations for content parents should block.
- Time Limits – Manage your child's time on the internet so they might go outside once in a while.
- Block In-App Purchases – Don't be a victim of that old horror story by preventing your child from accidentally spending thousands on in-app purchases.
Setting Up AT&T Secure Family
- Select the specified family member.
- Select Content Filters
- You will have a choice of blocking all or some "objectionable" content, which consists of AT&T's own recommendations. You can also block certain Social Media sites, Games, and Messaging services.
- Choose the specified family member.
- Once selected, there will be a bar on their page where you can disable in-app purchases.
- Once Off is selected, you are given an option to limit the amount they can spend. If complete disabling is desired, put 0 in the text field.
- Select desired family member.
- A large blue pause button is prominently displayed over their map location and picture. Tap to pause the internet.
- Tap again to resume internet service.
- Select desired family member.
- On their page, select Schedule.
- From there, you can set certain "on" times in which internet and mobile service will work.
- You can set specific time limits for apps on your child's phone as well as the time they can spend in an internet browser.
How to Monitor ContentIn addition to setting parental controls on your child's device, the next safety layer parents and caregivers should strongly consider is a monitoring solution to assess the content their kids encounter (and produce) across text messages, social media, and email. Bark can do this for you. On Android devices, Bark can monitor text messages (including deleted ones!), photos, videos, web browsing (including Incognito on the Chrome browser/app!), and many installed apps, including Snapchat, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok (formerly Musical.ly), WhatsApp, and Kik. On iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod), Bark can monitor text messages/iMessages (including some deleted messages!), photos, videos, web browsing (on Safari and Chrome), and Whatsapp! Any other email and social media accounts must be connected via the parent dashboard and will be monitored at the account-level, regardless if accessed on a phone, tablet, or a computer. Bark also monitors your child's Android device location with check-ins. If you'd like to see a detailed list of everything Bark can monitor, click here.
Bark - The Internet Safety Solution
Bark is dedicated to helping keep kids safe online and in real life. In 2018, we helped protect nearly 3 million kids with our groundbreaking products for families and schools.
By monitoring text messages, YouTube, emails, and 24+ different social networks for potential safety concerns like cyberbullying, self-harm, violence, sexual predators, and more, Bark allows busy parents to rest easier knowing their kids are better protected from digital dangers. Sign up today to start your free, one-week trial or visit Bark.us to learn more. k.