These Terms of Service (“Terms”) govern your use of the child email/text/online activity monitoring service (the “Service”) made available by Bark Technologies, Inc. (“Bark”). To agree to these Terms, click “I Agree” where indicated in the registration process for the Service.
Please note that the Bark Services now include and incorporate the Bark Jr Service. The Terms of Service for the Bark Jr Service are incorporated into these Terms of Service by reference and can be found here: https://www.bark.us/terms_of_service_bark_jr.
- Use of this Site. By using this Site, you agree to the terms and conditions set forth in these Website Terms. If you do not agree to these Website Terms, you may not access or use the Site.
- Changes to these Terms. Bark may modify the Website Terms from time to time without notice to you. You should check these Website Terms periodically for modifications. The provisions contained herein supersede all previous notices or statements regarding our Website Terms with respect to use of this Site. We include the effective date of our Website Terms at the top of the statement. We encourage you to check the Site frequently to see the current Website Terms in effect and any changes that may have been made to them. If we make material changes to the Website Terms, we will post the revised Website Terms and the revised effective date on this Site, and may notify you of such changes by displaying a notice (or link thereto) on the Site. By using the Site following any modifications to the Website Terms, you agree to be bound by such modifications.
- User Age. By accessing or otherwise using this Site, you represent that you are a United States of America resident over the age of 18.
- License. The Site, including all of its contents, such as text, images, and the HTML used to generate the pages (“Materials”), are Bark’s property or that of our suppliers or licensors and are protected by patent, trademark and/or copyright under United States and/or foreign laws. Except as otherwise provided herein, you may not use, download, upload, copy, print, display, perform, reproduce, publish, modify, delete, add to, license, post, transmit, or distribute any Materials from this Site in whole or in part, for any public or commercial purpose without our specific written permission. We grant you a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access our web site and to use the information and services contained here. In turn, you grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use any content you post on or through this Site for any purpose.
- Modifications to the Site; Limits. Bark reserves the right, for any reason, in our sole discretion and without notice to you, to terminate, change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Site, including, but not limited to, information, data, text, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other materials, features and/or hours of availability, and we will not be liable to you or to any third party for doing so. We may also impose rules for and limits on use of the Site or restrict your access to part, or all, of the Site without notice or penalty. We have the right to change these rules and/or limitations at any time, in our sole discretion.
- Specific Prohibited Uses. The Site may be used only for lawful purposes. You are responsible for your own communications, including any information you upload, transmit or post to or through the Site, and are responsible for any consequences associated therewith. Bark specifically prohibits any use of the Site, and requires all users to agree not to use the Site, for any of the following:
(a) Posting any information which is incomplete, false, inaccurate or not your own;
(b) Impersonating another person;
(c) Constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, giving rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any city, state, national or international law or regulation or which fails to comply with accepted Internet protocol;
(d) Posting material that is copyrighted or otherwise owned by a third party unless you are the copyright owner or have the permission of the owner to post it;
(e) Posting material that reveals trade secrets, unless you own them or have the permission of the owner;
(f) Posting material that infringes on any other intellectual property, privacy or publicity right of another;
(g) Transmitting or transferring (by any means) information or software derived from the site to foreign countries or certain foreign nations in violation of US export control laws;
(h) Attempting to interfere in any way with the Site’s or Bark’s networks or network security, or attempting to use the Site’s service to gain unauthorized access to any other computer system.
If you engage in any of the foregoing activities, Bark may terminate your use of this Site and, if any material posted by you on the Site violates any of the foregoing prohibitions, such material will be removed from the Site.
- Security Rules. Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. Bark will investigate occurrences and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting the user or users who are involved in such violations. You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the Site, including, without limitation, the following:
(a) Accessing data not intended for such user or logging into a server or account which user is not authorized to access;
(b) Attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization;
(c) Attempting to interfere with service to any user, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to the Site, overloading, “flooding”, “mailbombing” or “crashing”; or sending unsolicited e-mail, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services, or
(d) Forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or newsgroup posting.
- International Use. We operate the Site from our offices in the United States of America, and all information is processed within the United States. We do not represent that materials on the Site are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Persons who choose to access the Site from other locations do so on their own initiative, and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
- Consent to Processing. By providing any personal information to the Site, all users, including without limitation users in the European Union, fully understand and unambiguously consent to the collection and processing of such information in the United States.
- Links from and to the Site. You may be able to link to third party websites (“Linked Sites”) from the Site. Linked Sites are not, however, reviewed, controlled or examined by Bark in any way and we are not responsible for the content, availability, advertising, products, information or use of user information or other materials of any such Linked Sites, or any additional links contained therein. These links do not imply our endorsement of or association with the Linked Sites. It is your sole responsibility to comply with the appropriate terms of service of the Linked Sites as well as with any other obligation under copyright, secrecy, defamation, decency, privacy, security and export laws related to the use of such Linked Sites and any content contained thereon. In no event shall we be liable, directly or indirectly, to anyone for any loss or damage arising from or occasioned by the creation or use of the Linked Sites or the information or material accessed through these Linked Sites. You should direct any concerns to that site’s administrator or Webmaster. We reserve the exclusive right, at our sole discretion, to add, change, decline or remove, without notice, any feature or link to any of the Linked Sites from the Site and/or introduce different features or links to different users. Permission must be granted by Bark for any type of link to the Site. To seek our permission, you may write to us at the address below. We reserve the right, however, to deny any request or rescind any permission granted by us to link through such other type of link, and to require termination of any such link to the Site, at our discretion at any time.
- Disclaimers. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT:
(a) THE SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL CONTENT, FUNCTION, MATERIALS AND SERVICES PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE SITE, IS PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY FOR INFORMATION, DATA, DATA PROCESSING SERVICES OR UNINTERRUPTED ACCESS, ANY WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, USEFULNESS, OR CONTENT OF INFORMATION, AND ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. BARK DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE OR THE FUNCTION, CONTENT OR SERVICES MADE AVAILABLE THEREBY WILL BE TIMELY, SECURE, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED. BARK MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE SITE WILL MEET USERS’ EXPECTATIONS OR REQUIREMENTS. NO ADVICE, RESULTS OR INFORMATION, OR MATERIALS WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE SITE, YOUR SOLE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE SITE.
(b) ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
(c) BARK DOES NOT ENDORSE, WARRANT OR GUARANTEE ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OFFERED OR PROVIDED BY OR ON BEHALF OF THIRD PARTIES ON OR THROUGH THE SITE. BARK IS NOT A PARTY TO, AND DOES NOT MONITOR, ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN USERS AND THIRD PARTIES WITHOUT THE DIRECT INVOLVEMENT OF BARK.
- Proprietary Rights.
(a) Bark (or our licensor) is the owner and/or authorized user of any trademark, registered trademark and/or service mark appearing on the Site, and is the copyright owner or licensee of all content and/or information provided to you through or on the Site, unless otherwise indicated. Except as otherwise provided herein, use of the Site does not grant you a license to any content, features or materials you may access through or on the Site and you may not modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works of such Content, features or materials, in whole or in part. Any commercial use of the Site is strictly prohibited, except as allowed herein or otherwise approved by us. You may not download or save a copy of any of the content or screens of the Site for any purpose except as otherwise provided by us.
(b) If you make use of the Site, other that as provided herein, in doing so you may violate copyright and other laws of the United States, other countries, as well as applicable state laws and may be subject to liability for such unauthorized use. We do not grant any license or other authorization to any user of our trademarks, registered trademarks, service marks, other copyrightable material or any other intellectual property by including them on the Site.
(c) The information on the Site including, without limitation, all site design, text, graphics, interfaces, and the selection and arrangements is protected by law including copyright law.
(d) Product names, logos, designs, titles, words or phrases may be protected under law as the trademarks, service mark or trade names of Bark or other entities. Such trademarks, service marks and trade names may be registered in the United States and internationally.
(e) The Bark logos and service names are trademarks of Bark (the “Bark Marks”). Without our prior permission, you agree not to display or use Bark Marks in any manner. Nothing on the Site should be construed to grant any license or right to use any Bark Mark without our prior written consent.
- Indemnity. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold Bark, its directors, officers, employees, agents and affiliates harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, in any way arising from, related to or in connection with your use of the Site, your violation of the Terms or the posting or transmission of any materials on or through the Site by you, including, but not limited to, any third party claim that any information or materials you provide infringes any third party proprietary right.
- Limitations of Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL BARK, ITS AFFILIATES OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OR CONTENT OR SERVICE PROVIDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RELATED TO THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE, OR ANY OF THE CONTENT, MATERIALS OR FUNCTIONS RELATED THERETO, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF REVENUE, OR ANTICIPATED PROFITS, OR LOST BUSINESS, DATA OR SALES, OR COST OF SUBSTITUTE SERVICES, EVEN IF BARK OR ITS REPRESENTATIVE OR SUCH INDIVIDUAL HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF BARK TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITE EXCEED, IN THE AGGREGATE, $100.00.
- Compliance with Law. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations in connection with your use of the Site. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside.
- Applicable Law/Jurisdiction. You agree that the laws of the state of Georgia, excluding its conflicts-of-law rules, shall govern these Terms. Please note that your use of the Site may be subject to other local, state, national, and international laws. You expressly agree that exclusive jurisdiction for resolving any claim or dispute with Bark or relating in any way to your use of the Site resides in the state and federal courts of Chatham County, Georgia, and you further agree and expressly consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction in the state and federal courts of Chatham County, Georgia.
(a) The Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and Bark and govern your use of the Site, superseding any prior agreements between you and Bark. You also may be subject to additional terms and conditions that are applicable to certain parts of the Site.
(b) You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between Bark and you as a result of this Agreement or your use of the Site.
(c) Any claim or cause of action you may have with respect to Bark must be commenced within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arose.
(d) The failure of Bark to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the Terms is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Terms remain in full force and effect.
(e) You may not assign the Terms or any of your rights or obligations under the Terms without Bark’s express written consent.
(f) The Terms inure to the benefit of Bark’s successors, assigns and licensees. The section titles in the Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
- Notices / Contacting Us. Bark may notify you via either email or regular mail. Any inquiries you may have concerning these Terms, or to provide any notice to Bark hereunder, should be directed to: Bark Technologies Inc., P.O. Box 18603, Atlanta, GA 31126, with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
© Copyright 2020 by Bark Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved.