2023 Emoji Meanings: An Ultimate Emoji Dictionary for Parents and Guardians
**This blog post on emoji meanings was updated on February 2, 2023.**
You probably know some of the slang terms your child uses while texting, but you may be completely baffled by all of the emoji slang they use to chat with friends. But don’t worry — we’ve explained some of the most common emoji slang meanings that teens and tweens use so you can know what they’re actually saying. Warning: some of these can be a little 🌶️ (explained below).
Bark's Emoji Dictionary
You can also download our shareable Emoji Dictionary PDF in case you know someone who has just got to get up to speed on the emoji meanings behind these inscrutable teen hieroglyphics, or even try text monitoring to get even more insights into your kid's world. Note: This emoji meanings guide is meant to provide a broad overview because emojis can have multiple meanings and be used in many different ways.Download the PDF
Popular Slang Emoji Meanings
- 🍆 — Penis
- 🥴 — Used to express drunkenness, sexual arousal, or a grimace
- 🍑 — Butt
- 🥵 — Means "hot" in a sexual sense; a kid might comment this on their crush's Instagram selfie, for example
- 🚛 — “Dump truck,” which refers to a large and/or shapely bottom
- 🌮 — Vagina
- 🙃 — Used to express annoyance about something
- 🤡 — Used when getting caught in a mistake or when feeling like a fraud
- 👻 — Indicates being “ghosted” (dumped with no explanation)
- 🧢 — Symbolizes a lie, which could also be called a “cap”
- 👉👈 — Shy, nervous (usually in the context of flirting)
- 🧿 — Represents warding off the "evil eye"
- 🧠 — Oral sex
- 💦 — Ejaculation
- 👅 — May indicate sexual activity, especially oral sex
- ⏳ — Used when someone has an “hourglass” body shape
- 🥶 — Often used in response to a snarky or "savage" comment (as in, "That was cold"
- 😈 — Feeling frisky or naughty
- 👁️ 👄 👁️ — A response that means, “It is what it is”
- 🧚♀️✨— Can be used in comments to denote a sarcastic, mean-spirited tone
- 🍃 — Emoji slang for Marijuana/weed
- 🤤 — Desiring someone sexually (often used in response to nudes)
- 🍒 — Breasts/testicles/virginity
- 🍝 — Represents nudes, which are often called “noods”
- 👀 — Used when sending or receiving nudes
- 💳 — Often used on TikTok to express wanting something portrayed in the video
- 💯 — A stamp of approval; “I agree”
- 🔨 — Used to refer to sexual activity
- 🌶️ — Indicates “spiciness,” i.e., inappropriate or risque content
- 🌽 — Represents "porn," especially on TikTok
5 Ways AI Is Affecting How Your Kids Grow Up
May 23, 2023
Ask Titania: Is Snapchat’s MyAI Dangerous?
May 19, 2023
Ask Titania: When Should I Give My Kid a Phone?
May 05, 2023
Bark is a comprehensive online safety solution that empowers families to monitor content, manage screen time, and filter websites to help protect their kids online. Our mission is to give parents and guardians the tools they need to raise kids in the digital age.