Sexual Slang: Phrases and Emojis Parents Need to Know
We’ve talked about drug slang, gaming slang, slang in general — now it’s time to take a deep dive into sexual slang. When it comes to sexting codes and meanings, the phrases and emojis kids use are constantly evolving. To help parents out, our team of experts has scoured TikTok, Instagram, and more to compile examples of how kids are actually talking about sex today. For all the families frantically googling “sexting text meaning” after seeing a random emoji on your child’s phone — this post is for you.
Sexual Slang Terms Parents Need to Know
- Smash — Means to have casual sex
- Thirsty — Desperate for sexual attention; horny
- Sneaky link — Term for someone you’re hooking up with on the sly
- Clapping cheeks — Having sex
- 🍝 — Represents nudes, which are often called “noods”
- 👀 — Used when sending or receiving nudes
- 🥵 — Means “hot” in a sexual sense; a teen might comment this on a crush’s TikTok, for example
- 🤤 — Desiring someone sexually (often used in response to nudes)
- 👉👈 — Shy, nervous (usually in the context of flirting)
- 😈 — Feeling naughty or frisky
- 🍑 — Butt
- 🍆 — Penis
- 🌮 — Vagina
- 😼 — Vagina
- 🚛 — “Dump truck,” which refers to a large and/or shapely bottom
- 💦 — To ejaculate
- 🥜 — To ejaculate
- 🧠 — Oral sex
- ⭕ 💢 — Oral sex
Sexting Codes and Meanings Used to Get Around Social Media Rules
Lately, slang has been evolving extra quickly because of the different rules social media platforms have for certain words. For example, on TikTok, posts that feature the word “sex” may get taken down. To prevent this from happening, users may use an alternate spelling like “seggs” to get past it. Eventually, once you start seeing this term enough, it becomes interchangeable with “sex.” Sexting text meanings can vary, but here's a list of current popular ones.
- 🌽 — Means “porn” and is used because porn rhymes with corn. It may also be simply spelled out as “corn.” See also: corn star, corn industry.
- ⬛️ 🟧 — Refers to Pornhub
- P ⭐️ — Represents “porn star”
- S 🥚 s — “Sex”
- Seggs — Alternate spelling of “sex”
- Leg booty — Refers to LGTBQ
- Nip nops — Nipples
- Spicy eggplant — Vibrator
- Accountant — Code word for being a sex worker or OnlyFans creator. Originates from the fact that people don’t ask follow-up questions when you say you have a steady, boring job like an accountant.
How to Talk With Your Kid About Sexual Slang
Now that you have an understanding of the most common sexual slang terms that kids use today, you might want to have a conversation with your child about what they’re likely encountering online. It can feel pretty awkward to bring up, but letting your kid know you’re there to support them and answer any questions they may have can go a long way in strengthening your relationship.
Keep having age-appropriate conversations about sexual content as your child grows. This can include explaining what consent means, discussing how to spot online predators, and more. Above all, never shame your kid for asking questions — as their parent or guardian, you’re an invaluable resource for them as they grow and learn.
If you’d like some support navigating the sexual content your kid may experience online, Bark can block explicit websites and apps, help you manage your child’s screen time, and even send you an alert if they run into porn, predators, or sexual slang terms.
Bark is a comprehensive online safety solution that empowers families to monitor content, manage screen time, and filter websites to help protect their kids online. Our mission is to give parents and guardians the tools they need to raise kids in the digital age.