Discord is a free voice, video, and text chatting app for teens and adults ages 13 and up. It was created to bring people people together who love gaming. Users playing the same game will often set up Discord groups to communicate during live gameplay.
Teens can access Discord via their computer, web browser, or mobile phone. Once there, they can join a chat they’ve been invited to or they can create private servers and invite their friends to play and discuss games by voice, text, or video. They can also message each other individually or in group chats with up to ten other friends.
How to Block Unwanted Communications
- From User Settings, tap Privacy & Safety.
- Turn off the Allow direct messages from server members option.
- In this same menu, under Who can add you as a friend, deselect Everyone and Server members.
How to Block Inappropriate Content
Discord has the ability to set an explicit content filter that will automatically detect and delete images and uploads containing explicit and inappropriate content.
- From User Settings, tap Privacy & Safety
- Check the Keep Me Safe box. This will filter out explicit content so that it’s never seen.