Bark for Schools Introduces the OSCE’s Class of 2020
Bark for Schools is proud to have launched the Online Safety Center of Excellence this summer. This nationwide program recognizes and certifies Distinguished Leaders in Online Safety — leaders in their communities who are committed to helping protect children online and in real life. We are now honored to introduce our inaugural class of Distinguished Leaders, who will be educating their schools, communities, and families on the latest and most important developments in online safety, both at home and in school. Congratulations to:
- Loyal Winborn: IT Director, South Hamilton School District (Jewell, Iowa)
- Brian Bell: Technology Facilitator, Ell-Saline USD307 (Brookville, KS)
- Jim Johnson, Ph.D.: Director of Testing & Educational Technology, Morgan Local Schools (McConnelsville, OH)
- Denise DeJuliannie: District Technology Coordinator, Eden Valley-Watkins ISD #463 (Eden Valley, MN)
- Katie Cain: Director of Instructional Technology, Mount Vernon Schools (Sandy Springs, GA)
- Roberto Rivera: Coordinator of Safety & School Operations, Central Falls High School (Central Falls, RI)
- Adam Jasinski: Director of Technology, Affton School District (Affton, MO)
- Kyle Berger: Chief Technology Officer, Grapevine-Colleyville ISD (Grapevine, TX)
We want to personally thank Loyal, Brian, Jim, Denise, Katie, Roberto, Adam, and Kyle for their incredible leadership in their schools and communities. The work they do is so important, and we encourage everyone to be on the lookout for their contributions to educating families and schools on how they can help keep their kids safe online. We can’t wait to see what wonderful information they have to share!
We also want to encourage more leaders to help the new Online Safety Center of Excellence to grow. By working together and sharing resources, school administrators and education professionals will be better equipped to help protect their students and communities from digital dangers. The Distinguished Leaders listed above are a pivotal part of this process, generating invaluable resources that can be shared in communities for educational purposes. We are thankful to have such a wonderful group of Administrators that are committed to the education and safety of students and families all across the country.
If you want to stay up to date on all the latest news and resources that Bark for Schools has to offer, please join our Facebook community specifically created for Admins. Bark for Schools gives schools a free solution for web filtering, as well as monitoring G Suite and Office 365 for signs of cyberbullying, sexting, suicidal ideation, threats of violence, and more. Parents can support their schools in this through the Parent Portal, and they can also sign up to monitor their kids’ personal accounts with Bark for Families.
Bark for Families monitors texts, chat, email, YouTube, and more than 24 social media platforms for digital dangers and sends alerts when it detects potential issues. for a free, one-week trial!
Bark is a comprehensive online safety solution that empowers families to monitor content, manage screen time, and filter websites to help protect their kids online. Our mission is to give parents and guardians the tools they need to raise kids in the digital age.